Effective Date: April 22, 2021
The Information We Collect
We may receive and store the following information:
- Information you provide to us, such as when you fill out our contact form. The categories of personal information that we may collect include contact information, such as your name and email address, and professional information, such as your company. We use this information to communicate with you and provide services to you.
- Information from other sources, such as demographic information. We may collect this information from you, from public sources, or from other parties. We may use this information to personalize your experience and improve the Sites and services we provide.
Disclosure of Information
We do not share your information with third parties, except as set forth below. All of the categories of information described in the “The Information We Collect” section above may be shared as described below.
- With service providers. We may share your information with third parties that provide services to us in connection with our business, including to maintain the Sites and provide services. It is our policy to require our service providers to keep the information confidential and to not use the information outside of our business relationship.
- Sales and Acquisitions. We may disclose your information with a third party in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of bankruptcy.
- As Required By Law or In Connection With Legal Rights. We may disclose your information if, in our sole discretion, we believe it reasonable or necessary to (a) comply with the law, (b) prevent illicit or unethical activity, (c) protect and defend our, your, or others’ rights, property, safety, or interests, or (iv) detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, misuse of the Sites, or other violations of law.
- With Your Consent. We may otherwise disclose your information if we have your consent.
We may also disclose aggregate or de-identified information in our discretion.
Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
Some web browsers have a “do-not-track” feature that informs websites with which the browser communicates to not track the user’s online activity. The Sites do not currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals or similar mechanisms.
Maris take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, no information is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
The Sites are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect or sell personal information (as such term is defined under the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from, children under the age of 13 without the verifiable consent of the child’s parent or guardian. If you become aware of a child providing his or her personal information without parental or guardian consent, please contact us using the contact information listed below.
Third Party Websites
Our Sites may contain links to third party sites. We do not control and are not responsible for any other websites or services, and you use such websites and services at your own risk. We encourage you to read the privacy policies and other legal documents applicable to other websites prior to using them.
International Data Transfers
Martis is located in the United States and is subject to United States law. If you are accessing the Sites from outside of the United States, please be aware that United States law may have different standards that apply to how personal information may be used than in your jurisdiction. By accessing and using the Sites, you consent to the transfer to and processing of your personal information in the United States.
California Privacy Rights
California residents are entitled to the following privacy rights listed below.
The right to know. You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell. Specifically, you have the right to know:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months;
- The specific pieces of personal information we have about you;
- The categories of sources from which your personal information was collected;
- The categories of your personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purposes in the last 12 months, if any;
- The categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months, if any; and
- The purpose for collecting, sharing, and selling your personal information.
Within the preceding 12 months, Martis collected the categories of personal information detailed in the “The Information We Collect” section above. The sources from and purposes for which Martis collects personal information are also described in the same section. Martis has not sold or disclosed your personal information to a third party for a business purpose in the past 12 months and, except as set forth in the “Disclosure of Information” section above, Martis does not disclose your personal information for business purposes to third parties who are not service providers, nor does Martis sell your personal information.
The right to deletion. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected or maintain about you. Under certain circumstances, we have the right to deny your request, such as if needed to comply with our legal obligations. If we deny your request for deletion, we will let you inform of the reason.
The right to opt out of sale. You have the right to request that we do not sell your personal information. Martis does not sell your personal information.
The right to equal service. Martis will not discriminate against you in any way if you exercise any of your California privacy rights. Please be aware that exercising your rights may result in you being unable to use or access certain features of our Sites.
To exercise your right to know and right to deletion, contact us using the email address provided in the “Contact Us” section below. You may exercise your right to know and your right to deletion twice a year free of charge. You may also contact us with questions or concerns concerning our privacy policies and practices using the information in the “Contacts Us” section.
We will take steps to verify your identity before processing your request to know or request for deletion. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the individual about whom we collected personal information. We may request limited personal information from you in order to verify your identity, such as your name, email address, and potentially physical address. We will only use the personal information provided in the verification process to verify your identity or authority to make a request and to track and document request responses, unless you initially provided the information for another purpose.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. When we verify your agent’s request, we may require the agent to provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request. We may also ask you to verify your identity or to directly confirm with us that you provided the agent permission to submit the request.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits individual California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year, and we reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or mailing addresses specified below. Note that we do not currently share personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Martis Capital Management, LLC
101 California Street, Suite 3260
San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 592-5908 or 1-800-917-6776
Martis Capital Management, LLC
2020 K Street, N.W., Suite 720
Washington, DC 20006
or (202) 975-1281